top of page
  • Writer's pictureBuilt Engineers

Selecting a Design Professional for your project in NYC - New York City

Updated: Feb 28

Purchasing a house, co-op, condo, building, or land brings responsibility, and property owners must legalize any illegal construction done by prior owners. As the owner, you are responsible for any work performed on your property. Hire qualified and experienced professionals who comply with all requirements of the NYC Building Code and Zoning Resolution. Allowing unlicensed individuals to work on your property can be dangerous. Licensing, certification and registration requirements help prevent unqualified people from putting New Yorkers at risk.

New York State issues licenses for Registered Design Professionals (RDP) – Professional Engineers (PE) and Registered Architects (RA). A State-licensed RDP must submit the required plans and work permit applications to the Department. In limited cases the RDP may self-certify that their plans satisfy applicable laws and Codes.

Contact the local PE or RA industry organization to find a State-licensed RDP.

2 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

The Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings (OATH) is an administrative tribunal that provides hearings on notices of violation issued by City agencies. As it relates to the Department of Buildin

Get A Proposal
bottom of page